Nexersys Corporation Launches New Children’s Mode in Latest Software Platform Release
Oct. 12, 2012
Nexersys Corporation, leading a fitness revolution with the next generation exercise system, today announced the availability of its latest software release. Most notable in this release is a new children’s mode, allowing kids to get into fitness and compete with one another in multi-player competition rounds.
It’s no secret that obesity is and has been a problem in our current workforce, but now our future workforce is increasingly overweight. With childhood obesity becoming an epidemic in this country, part of the Nexersys mission is to do everything they can to reverse this trend.
The new children’s mode included in this software release disables the top two pads. This allows children ages 14 years and below to compete in Avatar Follow Me, Avatar Sparring, and Multiplayer Competition rounds.
“We are thrilled that this new child mode will make it even easier for the entire family to work out together, making wellness a lifestyle priority,” said Terry G. Jones , Chairman and CEO, Nexersys. “As a company, we believe that making exergaming accessible to children will help to further differentiate Nexersys from other home exercise systems that tend to be designed exclusively for adults.”
Additional upgrades in this software release include:
- More intuitive and simplified user interface
- Addition of Multiplayer Workout Programs – up to 4 users can work out together alternating rounds while incorporating other conditioning exercises for group training sessions
- New Combo Mode in the Multiplayer Competition Program – now alternate between follow me or sparring rounds
- Workouts are saved after each round so data is saved if the user can’t finish the entire workout
- USB system profile merge capabilities – enables users to update their software directly from the internet, to use their profiles from multiple locations – at home or the gym, and save rounds to a USB to easily merge the newer data with existing profile data.
- Southpaw (left-handed stance) versions of all 15 cardio training videos
Multiplayer Workout Programs
The Multiplayer Workout Programs will allow up to four users to take turns between on-unit and off-unit workouts, with each user’s workout data stored to his or her own profile history. The Multiplayer Competition Program introduces a new combo mode which creates fights that include both Follow Me and Sparring rounds, with the scoring system geared toward accuracy.
Nexersys Home and Pro unit users who work out on multiple units will now be able to merge their USB data to their existing system profile.